Proposed Plan Change 64
Boarding, Breeding and Training Kennels
Council is proposing changes to how boarding, breeding and training kennels are managed within the District. Plan Change 64 will introduce a new Chapter to the District Plan including a new issue, objective, policies and rules.
Submissions on the proposed changes must be received by 5pm 31 May 2019.
What are the proposed changes?
Changes are discussed below:
- Introduction of a new chapter 3H: Boarding, Breeding and Training Kennels which includes a new issue, objective, policies and rules for the management of boarding, breeding and training kennels.
- Remove the existing definition of ‘kennels’ in the District Plan.
- Inserting a new definition for ‘boarding, breeding and training kennels’.
- Consequential amendments to definitions which already contain reference to kennels (inserting the words ‘boarding, breeding and training’ before the word ‘kennels’) for:
- Farm Buildings
- Home Occupation
- Intensive Farming
- Consequential amendment to Rule 3.5.1 vii) to remove kennels from the list of discretionary activities in the Rural Zone.
- Consequential amendment to the Explanation for the Rural Zone and Nodal Areas in Section 4 of the District Plan to remove reference to kennels as a non-complying activity in the Nodal Areas.
- Consequential amendments to Section 3B Car Parking standards to add ‘for six or more dogs’ after boarding kennels, and to refer to ‘breeding and training kennels, including rehoming kennels, for six or more dogs’, and to state the number of car parks required.
Click here to download a copy of the Public Notice (400KB pdf)
Want to know more?
Click the following links to view the proposed changes to the District Plan:
To discuss how the Proposed Plan Change 64 might affect you, contact one of our Policy Planners - Matthew Mackay, Andrea Harris or Rochelle Waugh - on (06) 323 0000, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have Your Say
Submissions closed at 5pm 31 May 2019.