Proposed Plan Change 51
Growth Precinct 4 & New District Plan Structure
Council is proposing changes to the District Plan to enable the development of Feilding’s Growth Precinct 4.
Located to the North of Feilding, Precinct 4 is 256ha in size and is estimated to enable 1700 new households to provide for Feilding growth.
Plan Change 51 introduces new objectives and policies for subdivision and development covering dwellings, fencing, non-residential activities, retirement living and multi-unit residential development within the Precinct 4 area.
Plan Change 51 also includes:
- a proposal to establish a new document structure to the District Plan document.
- minor amendments to District Plan Rules 3B.4.2 and 3B.4.3 that relate to vehicle access requirements.
Submissions on the proposed changes must be received by 5pm 31 May 2019.
What are the proposed changes?
Changes are discussed below:
Growth Precinct 4
- Introduction of a new Chapter 8 Subdivision for Growth Precinct 4, including structure plan for the Growth Precinct 4 area. These provisions are specific to Growth Precinct 4 only.
- Introduction of a new Chapter 15 Residential Zone for the area defined as Growth Precinct 4, covering dwellings, fencing, non-residential activities, retirement living and multi-unit residential development.
- New definitions for: Commercial Activity, Essential Infrastructure, Growth Precinct 4, Home Occupation, Multi-unit Residential Development, Open Construction, Permeable surface, Retirement village.
- Amending the definition of Assisted Living Accommodation.
- Inserting a cross reference in Chapter 3A to the new Chapter 8 Subdivision proposed policy 2.7 and Rule 8.4.1.g.i.
- Removal of the Feilding Locality Nodal Zone – Appendix 5A Diagram 1.
- Amending the Planning Maps to reflect the change of zoning from Rural and Recreation to Residential Zone and Recreation Zone near the Makino Stream.
- Introduction of the new District Plan structure introduced in Plan Change 46 throughout the entirety of the District Plan. This includes new headings, sections and page numbering.
- Introduction of a Part 1 and Part 2 to the District Plan to differentiate between reviewed chapters and un-reviewed sections of the Operative District Plan.
- The updating all cross referencing from page numbers in the Operative District Plan to chapters (in the new structure of the District Plan) or sections (which is the structure of the old District Plan).
- Update to the District Plan appendices so that numbering in new chapters introduced in the Plan are consistent.
- Minor amendments to Rules 3B.4.2 and 3B.4.3 relating to access to improve clarity and plan administration. These changes clarify that the new access standard applies only to Arterial Roads and to include the term 'location' along with new provisions for all roads. A related amendment is the introduction of a new rule to specify that formation and upgrading of vehicle crossings are to be in accordance with Council engineering standards.
Click here to download a copy of the Public Notice (550KB pdf)
Want to know more?
Click the following links to view the proposed changes to the District Plan:
To discuss how the Proposed Plan Change 51 might affect you, contact one of our Policy Planners - Matthew Mackay or Andrea Harris - on (06) 323 0000, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have Your Say
Submissions on proposed Plan Change 51 must be received by 5pm 31 May 2019.
There are a few ways you can make a submission: