District Plan Review
This part of the sectional review is the next step towards developing new land use and subdivision controls in the Industrial Zone. We are looking for your feedback before we go through the formal consultation process.
The Council will shortly release Plan Change 52: Industrial Zone review for public notification.
Submissions are now being sought in advance of the plan change which is summarised below. This is your opportunity to tell the Manawatu District Council your views on important Industrial Zone issues.
What are the proposed changes?
Plan Change 52 will address issues in the existing industrial zoned land and proposes some rezoning of additional land.
- Development requirements to ensure a high quality industrial area and that surrounding rural and urban areas are protected.
- Rules to facilitate well designed, integrated and sustainable industrial development and expansion in the Feilding industrial area.
- Meet future demand with the rezoning of 15.6 hectares of Rural land to Industrial along Turners Road within the Kawakawa Industrial Park.
- A Structure Plan for Kawakawa Industrial Park.
- A number of modification to rules as well as the proposed rezoning including:
- New road side planting rules
- New car parking requirements
- Preferred planting species
Want to know more?
Click the following links to view the proposed changes to the District Plan:
To discuss how the Draft Plan Change 52 might affect you, contact either Principal Planning Adviser Wendy Thompson, firstname.lastname@example.org or Senior Policy Planner Cynthia Ward, email@example.com - phone: (06) 323 0000.
The time for providing feedback has now closed